Elena focuses on issues affecting the elderly and individuals with disabilities. Her practice includes Medicaid planning, guardianship, planning for families with special needs, estate planning and probate.
As a Certified Elder Law Attorney, she has extensive knowledge into the issues her elder clients face. The twelve years she spent working with community mental health services gives her in-depth knowledge of the challenges faced by individuals with disabilities, as well as their families. Her insight provides comfort to clients and their families, bringing peace of mind, knowing they have support and guidance when planning for the years ahead.
A shareholder at Hickman & Lowder, Elena lives in Valley City, Ohio, with her husband and son. She enjoys spending time with her extended family, traveling and all things tennis.
- Elder Law
- Special Needs Estate Planning
- Medicaid Planning
- General Estate Planning
- Trust and Estate Administration
- University of Akron School of Law, J.D.
- Kent State University, M. Ed.
- Rehabilitation Counseling
- Certified Elder Law Attorney (CELA)
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Special Needs Alliance
- National Alliance of Medicare Set-Aside Professionals (NAMSAP).
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Lorain County Bar Association
- Attorneys find ways to adjust during pandemic – Cleveland Jewish News (February 2, 2021)
*Certified in Elder Law by the National Elder Law Foundation