Linda is passionate about helping people with disabilities and empowering them with knowledge. Her chief area of focus is special education law. In addition, she helps people obtain guardianship, retain waiver services, and administer trusts and estates. Linda also serves as legal counsel to non-profit disability groups.
In the special education arena, Linda ensures that each child’s needs are properly identified and met, in their least restrictive environment. She has been at the IEP table as a parent, as counsel for the school district and as counsel for the student, so she has a diverse understanding of the concerns and barriers from each perspective, allowing her to create unique and effective solutions. Linda represents students at suspension, expulsion, and manifestation hearings as well as mediation. When amicable solutions cannot be reached, Linda fiercely pursues due process litigation.
Linda and her husband have three children, two are off to college and the third is in high school. She loves all things family, beach vacations, Netflix binging, crafting, baking, fashion, nature walks, bonfires, and getting lost in a good book.
- Special Education
- Waiver Appeal
- Trust and Estate Administration
- University of Akron School of Law, J.D.
- cum laude
- John Carroll University, B.S., Business Administration
- cum laude
- Cuyahoga County Advisory Committee on Persons with Disabilities
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- CVI Academy Board Secretary
- Admitted to US District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio
- COPAA member
- Special Needs Alliance Advisory Board
- Chair of the Voter Engagement Subcommittee
- 2021 member of CMBA’s Leadership Academy Class
- Special Education During COVID – What You Need to Know. – Special Needs Alliance Blog (November 5, 2020)
- IEP Support – Connecting for Kids Virtual Resource Fair (March15, 2020)