Job Title: Legal Secretary
Full-Time (37.50 hours/wk, Monday through Friday), Hourly, Non-Exempt
Location: Sheffield Village Office: 5062 Waterford Drive, Sheffield Village, Ohio 44035
Reports to: Supervising Attorney
Summary: The Legal Secretary is responsible for providing administrative support in the areas of Estate Planning, Probate, Elder Law, Guardianship, and Special Needs Planning
- Maintain attorney’s calendar.
- Greet and assist visitors to the office.
- Draft and finalize correspondence and other documents.
- Draft and finalize estate planning documents, per attorney instruction.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail for assigned attorney.
- Open, maintain, and close client files, per Firm procedure.
- General administrative duties, such as filing, scanning, copying, faxing, etc.
- Data entry.
- Interact with clients, court personnel, and related parties via telephone and e-mail.
- Process client payments.
- Accept and process new client intakes on a Firm-wide basis.
- Maintain and order office supplies, per Firm procedure.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of two years’ experience as a Legal Secretary or an Administrative Assistant.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- High level of organization, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Superior customer service and telephone skills.
- High level of computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft products, specifically Word and Outlook.
- Experience with client management systems preferred.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
Forward resume and letter of interest, including salary requirements, to JFowler@Hickman-Lowder.com.